12.08.2012

 Guess what, you guys?
 
Today was our annual
 
"Dixon Adventure at Copper"
 
 
 
 
And, too bad, the Kemsley crew didn't make it up this year.
 
You know.

We are in a recession.
 
Anywho.

This year was a blast.
 

 
 No, I'm serious.

I was a little worried about this trip.

I mean.

Spencer didn't come.

So that means I took the boys up by myself.

Well.

Not totally by myself.

I did hire a nanny of sorts.

But you know.

I was the only parent.

There's a difference.

And here's the tough part.

Gav is in a "I'm super independent and want to do everything" stage.

And Reese is in a "Everything bugs me and if I don't like it I'm going to sit here and sulk forever" stage.

So maybe you can understand why I was a bit nervous?

And.

I don't ski.
Ahem, I'm a boarder.

But we've decided that it would be best for our boys to learn to ski first.

So, naturally, I'm not much help.

However.

As it turns out.

I know just enough about skiing to keep them on their feet.

And they are awesome enough to keep trying when they fall.

Wanna see the cutest/saddest video?

Go ahead.

Watch it.




Poor Reese.

But he jumped right up and tried again.


 

And I'm kicking myself for not recording two seconds longer.
 
Because that's when Gavin put his arm around his brother as they got in line to go down again.
 
I love them.
 
 
And here's one more for you.
 
Because really.

That giddy smile kills me.


1 comment:

Shay said...

I also have recently bought new (bigger) pants!!!! I was so happy to get them...but that was probably part of the reason I couldn't make it up there...they cost me about an arm and a leg.