4.23.2012

Guess what you guys.


That's right.

He's E-I-G-H-T.

Which is a big deal on so many levels.

Eight year olds are sooooo old.

They get to do fun things like

Go to cub scouts.
This week they are going to the fire station!

Participate in "Take your kid to work" day.
On Thursday, no less!

and.

Get baptized.
That's huge, ya'll.

In fact.

Yesterday we went to Isaac's baptism.


Don't know Isaac?

Hmpf.

You should.

He and Gavin go way back.

Here they are in the hospital together.

That's right.

Isaac is one day older than Gavin.


I really think that Isaac's mom was my saving grace during the rough times of first time parenting.

I could ask her things like,
"Is nursing this hard for you???"

or

"What do you think this rash on Gavin's bottom means?"
and I knew she was going through the exact same thing.


We hung out.

Like.

A lot.


In fact.

These two celebrated their first birthday.

T.O.G.E.T.H.E.R.


Gosh.

Time flies.

Pretty soon it'll be mission farewells and weddings.

Nooooooooo!

2 comments:

Ingelheim Five said...

I can't believe how fast that 8 years have gone. Wow. Eight years from now, Gav will be driving. And 3 years from that....

Such a nice trip down memory lane! Thx.

Starr said...

Cute little Gavin! I love the baby buddy pics. That is really really lucky :) Happy EIGHTH Birtday G!