12.09.2010

Here's the thing.

We don't do flu shots at my house.

I know.

I just opened the flood gates.

Here's how I see it.

Poke!

And maybe you won't get the flu.
But maybe you will.
And my husband swears he gets sick every time he get's the flu shot.
(And I know, you can't get the flu from the shot. Yada, yada. He still gets sick.)

Eh.

Pass please.

Yeah, I have a tiny needle fetish.
So what?

Don't get me wrong.
My kids still get their shots.
I just have a hard time with the voluntary pokes.

And many people think I'm crazy.
My kid's doctor.
My friends.
My mother in law.

But I truly can't justify it.

And, no.

This is not an open forum to "change Jordan's mind".

Now.

A strep shot?

That, my friends, is a good idea.

Photobucket

Then Gavin wouldn't be laid up for two days every December.
Although I don't mind the laid back cuddler he turns into . . .

7 comments:

Shay said...

please don't tell me he has strep right now...i'm super susceptible. like no joke. i can't be around people that have strep or i'll be sick as soon as i get home.

Pam Jorgensen said...

I'm on your team Jordan! I'm like Spencer! If I don't get a shot, then I MIGHT get sick. If I do get a shot, then I WILL get sick!

Whatev!

ALLRED FAMILY said...

I've only gotten flu shots when I was pregnant or nursing. Otherwise I have the same issue. Guaranteed if I get the shot, I will be incapacitated at least once during the season.

jksfam said...

Sorry about the strep!

It sounds like you don't have a needle fetish, though - probably more of a phobia.

Spencer said...

AMEN! I've only gotten the shot when my kids were less than 6 months old. And I got sick both times. Thanks for the recipe, by the way-hope Gavin gets better quick!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Flu - EVERY time I have had a shot. Not this year baby!!!! For-get-it!

We all have had or have strep right now! Let's have a strep party! I heard about a strep vaccine coming out in a few years! I will be first in line! My mom said if I get strep 1 more time she is coming out to force me to get my tonsils out! I have lied to her twice in the last 2 months...

Megan said...

I never get the flu shot. And my husband is a doctor. How's that? And my kids don't get it either. I haven't found it very effective! Aaron gets it - I think he has to. Yes! We can be against the flu shot together!